Updated: May 27, 2020
Did you know this was a thing? Whether you realize it or not, you currently have a philosophy on Nutrition! With Autumn Elle Nutrition, I'm always talking about the science (insert this little guy -🤓), but the philosophy is where everything really begins. This is your belief system. This governs how you look at food in the first place. And keep in mind, this can change. In fact, for most people it usually does. My Nutrition Philosophy certainly changed as I learned more about my own body and my struggles (with anxiety).
To help you begin to understand what your philosophy on Nutrition is, I've created an 11 question quiz for you to complete today! Keep in mind, there are many other sub-philosophies within each of the main three that I'm listing below (which means you can keep a look out for future posts and videos, diving deeper into this topic!). But this is an excellent place to start.
Once you've learned your Nutrition Philosophy, comment below or DM me on Instagram at @AutumnElle_Nutrition! I want to know your thoughts!
Now, let's get quizzing.
1. You currently (or have in the past) used a calorie tracker in order to lose weight.
A. Yes, also macros!
B. I have (or have not) in the past, but I don't anymore. Not my style.
2. You have utilized various diets (whether it be paleo, keto, vegetarian, etc) to help yourself achieve a goal.
A. Oh yeah. Each one gave different results on how much weight I loss.
B. I've tried them in the past and have learned something from each to apply to my life.
C. Eh, I mostly stick to weight watchers/myfitnesspal/other calorie counter.
3. When you hear stories about those who have healed their inflammatory condition/acne/other condition through their diet, your first thought is...
A. Which diet was it?!
B. I wonder what the cause of their condition was/why specifically the diet helped?
C. There must have been something else they did too.
4. When it comes to supplements you...
A. LOVE them!! I take about 6-10 (or more) different supplements daily.
B. use them, but not a ton. I don't like to rely on them.
C. might take a multi every now and then.
5. Which story headline would you be most likely to click on and read?
A. "Nutritionist Says Kale is Actually Not Paleo Approved"
B. "One Woman REVERSED Her IBS... Without Medication!"
C. "A Nutritionist Rates the Best 5 Food Tracking Apps"
6. You're scrolling through Instagram and come across a picture that you screenshot/save ~ what is it?